Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In labor!

(Aly transcribing for Julia)

Hello from the hospital bed! I got here last night for a very "fun", cervix-ripening procedure. They put a pill up near my cervix and let me rest all night. By 8am I was dialated to approx. 2cm. They started the pitocin to induce labor at 8:45am. The doctor broke my water at 12:30pm, and I was dialated to 3cm at that point. At 2pm the contractions were feeling more vigorous and I was at a 4 out of 10 on the pain scale. At 3pm I was given Fentanyl, an IV pain medication. I received my epidural at 6pm, and after that it was magical. I don't know how people labor without this. I've just been hanging out since then. Now I'm dialated to 6-6.5cm at 10pm. The doctor thinks Owen might come around 2am.

Quote from Cheryl about Julia's swollen feet: "They're shiny they're so tight"

Thanks for all the good thoughts and well-wishes. They're very appreciated! Someone will update once Owen is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment