Friday, January 16, 2009

First Post

Hello family and friends!

We decided we should make a blog to keep all of you updated on baby related things. If we had really been on the ball we would have been using this all along to show belly pictures and nursery progress... but we're not. Sorry :)


Just wanted to let everyone know the status of things right now. Basically, my blood pressure is elevated, but not high enough that it's considered pre-eclampsia. To make sure it doesn't get any higher, I've stopped working and am on modified bed rest. This means I can
get up to shower and eat, but am not allowed to clean the house. (That's Johns favorite part of the whole thing, haha.) Since I am nearing the end of my pregnancy (39 weeks on 1/19), the doctor decided that the benefits outweigh the risks and they're going to induce labor! We'll be going into the hospital Tuesday evening, January 20th, to start the process and hopefully by Wednesday night we'll have our little guy in our arms! It seemed like the first 8 months sped by quickly and the last three weeks have gone very slowly. I can't believe this time next week we'll be home with a baby!

Also, in case everyone hasn't heard, we finally decided on Owen for a first name. We're not 100% on a middle name yet, but we'll share it when we figure one out.

We're new to this blog business, so hopefully this picture will work. We just took it the other night so you can see how our bellies compare. My maternity shirt and John's long underwear are very similar, so we thought it would make a good shot.



That's all for now, we'll try and keep everyone updated from the hospital!

Love, Julia & John

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet little Owen! I wish your family the best in going through the next couple of exciting weeks. We will be thinking about you guys!

    Tiffany and John Kirkpatrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to blog. I hope all goes well over the next week. I am very excited to see pictures of Owen. I miss you at work. Just think when you get back you can do totals with me again! Yeah! Enjoy this time as a first time Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia!! Whis is a great idea!! My prayers and thoughts are with you three - may all be uncomplicated and thrilling! Willl keep in touch!
    Ann Morgan

    ReplyDelete